Sunday, September 7, 2014

2014 (49) September (1) August (5) July (4) June (2) May (11) April (3) March (7)


For me it is Sam Adams the best beer stock, for sale in stores. It's not so terribly exciting, it's simply just a good, balanced Lager beer ... so of course, when I started virology brewing so my thoughts went to if I could manage and create something virology equivalent factors. It was obviously a clone out on Beersmith, but I made some changes to this when I was not completely agree hops choice, plus I adjusted the quantities painted some.
Well brewing went well it and the beer tasted good when it was canned, but I've been waiting a while to take a side by side test because I have always thought that it needed a little more time, and with a month extra storage seems to have done the trick so it was time for the test now.
Original Samuel Adams: Taste That said so is not this something particularly exciting, but it tastes like a lager should in my opinion. A clearly defined malt flavor that is more clear than an average beer. Anyway, it's a good drink beer. Smell It smells like a lager and not an ale. Enjoy big no smell, but prominent malt smell like a lager should be. Color and clarity Golden nice color but not crystal clear Mouthfeel and foam Slightly thin and crisp in the mouth. This is not a beer where you smack the taste right. Some small foam in my opinion. Yeast Clearly lager yeast.
My clone: Taste That 'wrong' type of yeast used is the only thing that is something to talk about. The Bavarian and Bohemian lager yeast so I think this may be much more similar. I think most people who taste min on a hot summer day you could say this is good beer, but even if the taste is very similar to the original so I would not have presented it as a Sam Adams ... not that THAT is a goal in itself either. The reason why this yeast was used is because virology simpler yeast temperature (18-20 degrees instead of 12.8). virology Odor Unfortunately for my clone, so you know that my hatches more at an Ale than one bearing, it's not going to get away. But otherwise it's the smell of malt very similar. virology Color and clarity Mine is a thought darker virology and indeed virology some clearer, although this has not been an end in itself. I think frankly that my look more attractive. Mouthfeel and foam A much rounder and fuller mouthfeel than the original. "Is" better in your mouth. More foam and lacing than oginalen and skim remain longer. Again a plus to my own. Yeast I actually used Nottingham dry yeast Yeast (Lallemand) on this, as described in clone recipe. This is an Ale yeast, and that's probably what has given the greatest impact in terms of differences. It should clearly virology be tested with a pilsner / lager yeast at the next attempt. Do try to find out a bit more about what is used in the original. virology
Conclusion: The original gets me dice 6 to a warehouse to be. There are many MUCH better beers out there, but what it is meant to be then it is very good and Drink anes ... again, my favorite store lager beer. My own, however, have a slight virology roll of the dice 5 It looks very good, it tastes great and it is very similar to the original except in that it has an aftertaste that reveals that it is an Ale yeast is used. I'll definitely make another attempt later with another yeast plus I'll see some more if I can tweak a bit of hops.
2014 (49) September (1) August (5) July (4) June (2) May (11) April (3) March (7) February (9) Unclear beer on Cornelius barrel and use of gelatin Side by Side: Samuel Adams and their clone .. Any thoughts about Cornelius barrel after a few weeks of use ... Yeast Harvesting: A slightly different approach Batch No. 9 set: First own recipe Article on Attenuation and Flocculation in White. .. Yeast Chart and Grains Chart with BYO Good site to select and compare hops for an island ... New beer tapped. # 8 - American Havre Stout this ... January (7) 2013 (31) December (13) November (18)
Potion Although brew Country Hops & Malt Norbrygg Forum Craig Tube Hop Substitution Chart BYO - Grains Chart BYO - Yeast Chart BYO - Hop Chart Beer Carbonation Aperitif's test of Christmas beer 2013 7 Mountain Brewery Samuel Adams Brewery St. Peter's virology Brewery Fuller's Griffin Brewery
DBM # 19 - Englefjes DBM # 18 - Arrogant Bastard clone DBM # 15 - The Missus Hoppy Summer DBM # 14 - The Missus Special for a Rainy Day DBM # 12 - Doppel Bock DBM # 11 - Nøgne Ø IPA Base DBM # 09 - Baltic Porter: Natalie DBM # 05 - Samuel Adams clone
Brewery Festival 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment