Friday, May 8, 2015

The answer for our beekeeper seems to come from the Louis Bolk Institute in the Netherlands, it rec


Something quiescent I always fascinates again is, the possibilities of a network of people with similar interests. Especially quiescent when it also 's about people quiescent who love to be willing to share their knowledge or to help in other ways. Something the permacultuurbeweging anyway strengths. Whenever something like this happens, it still conjures a smile on my face!
His idea was to work with the corn also sow a bloemenmengsel to suppress weeds, leaving no herbicides would be needed. Once the corn is greater, would it over the flowers can grow.
The second idea immediately made me think of the Mexican concept of "three sisters" that is so often talked about in permacultuur- or agro-ecological context. In addition, you create a guild of corn with a climbing bean (climbs on the corn stalk and fixes nitrogen), and with pumpkins as groundcover. I seemed to recall that I had met people who had tried this, but it was not as successful. Our climate is not suitable for the three sisters. The corn has insufficient lead on the bean, giving the bean can not climb.
A few emails and a range of responses to my post on the facebook group "practical permaculture" (incidentally an absolute must for all Dutch permies!) Later, I not only have become a little smarter, but I also found people to one and other well 's quiescent like to try.
I take the risk that it may be a very technical piece and just give my personal and very modest conclusions again: The three sisters sow in our region is not a good idea. Unless you could find a bean that you can late sowing, but then it grows fast enough in time to make a return. If it does work with the beans, you should not think that you have many extra nitrogen in the soil will get, because a lot of it goes to the pod, and eat you up. Road nitrogen! Unless you mows and mulches before they come into bloom and thus do not constitute pods. You could say that the bean is a nice perk: it makes its own nitrogen fertilizer and it takes up less space because he climbs. Two sisters would succeed: the corn and squash. Of course pumpkin also requires fertilization, and you could say that he is going to compete with the corn. But in its totality the proceeds will probably be greater. You could argue that they will provide each only 75% compared to a monoculture of either corn or pumpkin. But, briefly taken by the turn, 75% + 75% 150%!
With all the beautiful things you will unfortunately always encounters the same: combination cultivation is difficult to combine with :-) machines. In our economy called then, that labor efficiency is not right. The whole store is therefore uneconomic. Yet by the standards of the classic, conventional economics. Production wise I think this is beautiful. And that's what it is to want to feed people?
We come back to the idea of the beekeeper to sow clover. Maize is, however, a tough plant that does not belong here anyway. Not only did he grows too slowly allowing our beans are not able to climb up and making all the weeds faster than himself, quiescent but moreover he is only a superficial root system, which he might have problems with the gritty roots of white or red clover.
The answer for our beekeeper seems to come from the Louis Bolk Institute in the Netherlands, it recommends to sow corn with clover mixture, either with rye, which is also a green manure. This research was based on organic agriculture with the use of large machines.Tot extent a solution to the problem herbicides in conventional quiescent maize?
Day Esmeralda,
With this I want to thank you - a big thank you !!! - For your enthusiastic cooperation to help solve my question. I wrote you (editor's note: via e-mail) that I am not face booker (and still do not intend it to be), but also the many people who responded via permaculture page I want to thank for their ideas ( can you convey ?? !!). I want also to wish them a lot of experimentation enjoyment.
That combination crops for summer crops interests me though. In France I did in the spring one or two harvests of corn and pea (as greens for the rabbits). There were surprisingly many species as possible, which we hear little here (including deliberation). I sowed in the fall. For the summer I arranged a field Jerusalem artichoke (artichoke), which was already quiescent quite high in May, and I sowed beans in Spanish with which I raked and then equal some weeds did fight. That summer gave a hefty amount of good greens for the rabbits. quiescent Incidentally, I doubt that the nitrogen fixation of Year Old

No comments:

Post a Comment